Marriott Reward Points – Transfers to Friends and Family
- This topic is empty.
October 15, 2015 at 8:54 pm #342StevenTingKeymaster
This is from the latest email from Marriott which redirects to the Terms and Conditions.http://www.marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi#transferring
Transferring Points from One Account to Another
- This Member benefit is available between any two accounts in good standing whether sending or receiving points. A Member may authorize the transfer a maximum of 50,000 Points per calendar year into the Rewards Program account of friends or family provided the recipient account is also in good standing. Once per calendar year and only at time of Reward Redemption a Member may exceed the 50,000 Point maximum into the Rewards Program account of a friend or family member in order to qualify for a specific Reward in accordance with this section.
- Immediately prior to Reward Redemption and only once per calendar year, a Member may authorize the transfer of the necessary number of Points into the Rewards Program account of a friend or family member, in order to qualify for a specific Reward. This transfer may exceed the 50,000 Point maximum per calendar year.
- In the instance of transfer exceeding the 50,000 Point maximum only the necessary number of Points needed to redeem the specified Reward, rounded to the nearest 1,000 Points, may be transferred ? no more, no less.
- Authorization to transfer Points must be initiated by the account holder with the Points to be transferred by contacting Rewards Program Guest Services by calling Rewards Program Guest Services at 1-801-468-4000 (Marriott Rewards Program) or 1-866-922-6882 (The Ritz-Carlton Rewards Program). The account holder requesting the transfer must provide the Marriott Rewards account number of the Points recipient at the time of the Point transfer request.
- Once the authorization for transfer is received and processed, the transferee relinquishes all rights to the transferred Points, and they become the recipient?s Points.
Based on my interpretation it does not appear that there is a cost to do this. I will add something to the Classifieds if someone wanted to start posting Marriott Reward Points, not to be confused with Destination Club Points.
January 17, 2017 at 11:11 pm #858BazzapParticipant
Hi, I have just re-registered as the username / email I used previously were not recognised.I know this post was from a long time ago, but I read it and noticed that it had not been updated to show that there is $10 transaction fee for transferring MR points unless you are Gold or Platinum elite status.http://www.marriott.co.uk/marriott-rewards/use/buy-donate.mi
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.