Welcome, visitor! [ Register | Login

20% off points if booked < 7 days

Ad Listings Forums General Questions 20% off points if booked < 7 days

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      wilcorp39
      Participant

Hi! Just want to know if it is true that you get 20% off the points if hotel is booked < 7 days of usage. Thank you very much.    /  wilma

HappyMarriottOwner
      Participant

This is true if you are a premier member.    If you are premier plus you can book 14 days in advance to get the 20% off.I have read in TUG2.com about people who have a reservation and if their location still has availabilty 7  (premier) or 14 (premier plus) days out cancelling their reservation and rebooking it thus saving them 20% of the points.    The points are called penalty box points you need to use within 60 days but if you can use them it gives you some extra points or maybe even another day onto your existing reservation.  I haven't tried this myself but I will the next time.

Stephen Waits
      Participant

Just to be 100% clear, it's not less than seven night stays. It's booking stays within seven days of check-in. Right?

StevenTing
      Keymaster

Do you have to call an advisor to get this discount or is this price done automatically in the website?Will this only work for days that fall within the 7day period?  For example what if you have a week stay and half fall within 7 days and the other half falls outside the 7 days. 

HappyMarriottOwner
      Participant

Just to be 100% clear, it's not less than seven night stays. It's booking stays within seven days of check-in. Right?Yes this is correct it is 7 or less days (premier) 14 or less days (premier plus).

Do you have to call an advisor to get this discount or is this price done automatically in the website?Will this only work for days that fall within the 7day period?  For example what if you have a week stay and half fall within 7 days and the other half falls outside the 7 days.

Here is a cut and past from the July Newsletter which should answer your questions:Owners with Premier or Premier Plus status receive last minute booking discounts.Looking for a last minute getaway at a Marriott Vacation Club resort? Receive 20% off Vacation Club Points bookings within 7 days of check-in date for Owners with Premier status and within 14 days of check-in date for Owners with Premier Plus status.If you're an Owner with Premier or Premier Plus status and would like to take advantage of these great discounts, simply call your Vacation Ownership Advisor Team at 888-682-4862.

wilcorp39
      Participant

Hello all!I have inquired about this and the vacation advisor told me that it does not apply to hotel bookings, only to vacation club resorts.  🙁

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.